Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Lots of Color and a Touch of Magic

>> Friday, March 15, 2024

Hello Crafty friends,



The inspiration for today's card was THIS page of shamrock images and the DRS Designs Rainbow Gold Greeting. To create the shamrock field, I used a variety of different shamrock images from DRS Designs: Small Shamrock Group, Tall Shamrocks, and Hat Full of Shamrocks. I stamped these charming designs on watercolor paper with various inks and filled in any open shamrocks with watercolor paints. I wanted to create a sense of luck and whimsey.



I outlined any of the small shamrocks with an Evergreen marker from the Artistry set from Altnew. That is why a few of them look a bit wonky. I hope the DRS Designs artists don't go on strike after seeing my crazy outlining.  



Once the shamrock field was complete, I added a touch of magic by embellishing some of the shamrocks with golden centers using Stickles. I decided that rather than paint a rainbow, I would make the sky rainbow colors using a rainbow of watercolor wash. Interestingly, this particular watercolor paper, which was a fun find from my local Thrift store, is the thickest and most absorbent I have ever encountered. It eagerly absorbed the paint, making blending a bit of a challenge.  



After the paint dried, I stamped the fun Rainbow Gold Greeting in Pine Ink from Close to My Heart which I also sponged on the edges. To add the finishing touch, I outlined the edge of the watercolor paper with a shimmering gold paint pen.  



Despite the challenges with the paper, I feel this card is fun and holds a touch of St. Patrick's Day magic. 

Wishing you plenty of luck on St. Patricks Day this Sunday.

Hugz,

Nancy 


4 comments:

Lisa said...

Nicely done adding all these shamrocks. I love the rainbow of color too. It works so well with the field of shamrocks.

Karin said...

What a fantastic card for St. Patrick's Day! I love the rainbow sky you created along with the field of shamrocks! Beautiful!

Robin Clendenning said...

Love this Nancy! Great rainbow bg you painted (you are so good with those watercolors!!).
Genius idea!!
Beautiful!

Sue said...

What a wonderful shamrock card Nancy! Your field came out terrific as well as your rainbow sky! The greeting is the perfect finishing touch!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP