Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Birthday Wishes

>> Tuesday, June 28, 2022

 Hi Everyone,



Since we're smack in the middle of summer, I decided to break out my Medium Daisy Bloom stamp and make a birthday card.  Even now, after years of stamping, heat embossing always gives me a thrill.  It's so satisfying to see the powder firm up and give off that glossy sheen :)



The white powder with glittery bits in it makes the flowers pop off that black background and I couldn't help but add some yellow glitter glue to the flower centers.  Cutting the black panel an extra 1/4" smaller than I normally would, better shows off that bright card base color.




For the sentiment, I die cut the Special Birthday Wishes Greeting , embellished it with yellow chalk and attached it with some dimensional foam tape. 



Be sure to stop by DRS Designs for lots more birthday stamps!



Thanks for stopping by!



Karin






4 comments:

Lisa said...

I am with you on the heat embossing...there is just something so satisfying adding it to cards and watching it melt. Great use of that fabulous daisy stamp for a wonderful background on the black card stock. Love that tag die cut for the sentiment too. Beautiful card Karin.

Sue said...

What an amazing and dramatic card Karin! Your black flower background is such an attention grabber and you've finished it off nicely with the die cut greeting!
PS - I'm also a huge sucker for embossing :) My favorite was always the enamel look where the whole card face melted :)

Robin Clendenning said...

I love the flower for a background stamp, it looks awesome in the black and white with those yellow rhinestones! Beautiful card!

nwilliams6 said...

Sooooo cheerful and sweet, Karin. Love the color combo and how you used the daisy image - super clever! Great card. Hugz

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP