Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Star, Sparkle, Banner!

>> Thursday, June 24, 2021

Good morning!
I went wild with the stamps this morning, lol!
I decided to do a good old country cowboy 4th of July
celebration for both cards.
Every town in America has their own way to celebrate
and I would imagine that there are plenty of cowboy towns
where a big pot luck and country dance is how they celebrate.
DRS Design stamps: 4th of July Sparkle
I like the couple's matching outfits and denim boots, how about you?
I have a thing about cowboy boots, they are actually the only "dress shoes" I have.
You can imagine that I have lots of boots in about every color I wear plus a few brown type
with different designs.  I DO have a pair of denim blue boots, love them.


I used some threaded star buttons to embellish this card.  No dies used,
just a cutter and score-it.  I also used some glitter pens and a dot of Stickles to enhance the stars (you can't really see that in the photos, sorry.

In our town, because we have a mountain lake near by, we do the all day picnic and watch the fireworks at the lake reflecting off the lake, especially fun to watch in the lake on a boat.
Because we have had so many fires all around in recent years they do no fireworks but
people still have their picnics at the lake.

My next card is a patriotic tribute to those country
cowboys who helped to make this country free
by hanging up their hats for a bit (or forever) and serving
their country to fight for us.

DRS Design Stamps: USA Thanks to Our Brave and Cowboy Cactus
I used a star embossing folder with a letter press technique for the background
and to add something more I cut some red strips.  The sentiment was cut 
apart using the bottom half for the pennant under the image and cutting out
the U.S.A. to curve above the image.  I did use a glitter pen
on the U.S.A. as well.  The die is from My Favorite Things.

Thanks for visiting today, go be crafty!
Robin

 .

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Robin, these cards are so awesome! My emotions are all over the place! The dance card makes me want to grab my boots and join the fun and then I'm here crying like a baby over the touching symbolism of your tribute card. Both are, of course, gorgeously stamped, colored and designed.

I'm sorry you won't be seeing any fireworks this year, but I hope you enjoy the picnic. It sounds like fun!

nwilliams6 said...

Robin, these are some totally fabulous Patriotic cards with super fun image combinations! The cactus cowboy card is amazing and it grabs my heart - so touching and well done. Wow - these are special!!!!! Hugz

Karin said...

These cards are fantastic! The Americana/fourth theme really bring out the festive fun! I want to boot scoot and boogie with them for the holiday! And the cactus could not be more festive! Your attention to detail always blows me away!

Lisa said...

Oh Robin I saw that first card on FB and just fell in love. Great coloring and terrific scene using the banners.

That second card is just super cute too. I love how your USA came out and gorgeous star back ground to go with that fun image.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are wonderful, Robin! I love the cowboy/cowgirl w/ the patriotic scene. So fun & festive! Your patriotic cactus is just super. Your starry bg is terrific.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP