Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Happy Watermelon Wishes

>> Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Hello Crafty Friends.



I have two color-blocked watermelon themed cards to share with you today - both are CAS and super easy to do.  I used a color-block technique showcased by Sandi Maciver on THIS card.   

I masked my lines with sticky notes and sponged on some SU! inks.  Next, I stamped the Watermelon and Friend image and the Happy, Happy, Happy Day greeting using CTMH Black.  I stamped one extra image and cut out a section of watermelon just for fun.  

I tried another one, but this time I focused on the greeting a bit more and added in the Raindrop Background.  I rounded off the raindrops with a marker to look more like seeds.  
I love watermelon so these cards make me smile.  Hope you are staying cool (or warm if you are in colder weather).  

Hugz,

Nancy


5 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Love your watermelon colors on both cards, how clever!! Using the raindrops for seeds is fun too, never would have entered this pea brain!!
The small slice to go with each card is perfect, brilliant!

Samantha said...

These are so cute, Nancy! I'm amazed at how well the raindrops work as seeds. You're a genius! The little slices are super cute too!

Karin said...

This is soooooo CUTE! I love the color block on both and that little watermelon slice embellishment is sheer perfection! And that idea to use the drops as seeds, I mean, GAH! I could not love this more if I tried!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness I love both of these. Great CAS cards and genius how you just added a splash of color on the first one in the strips. The raindrop base on the second one really is terrific too for focusing on the sentiment. Two great cards Nancy.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

these are so fun, Nancy! I love the watermelon theme & the different treatment you gave each. those raindrops make pretty good seeds, lol.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP