Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Rack 'Em Up!

>> Thursday, April 22, 2021

Good morning!
I would have made the biggest blunder if I had not asked my son
about whether the color was on the stripe or the ball
because he said, "Well you can't just color them ANY colors
mom, every number has it's own color!" Then he
showed me some pictures on Google!!!  Ah, I never played pool
how would I know that???  
Yay for sons!
I didn't even know HE had ever played pool.

So anyway, here is what I used for this card.
DRS Designs new Racking Up Birthday Greeting and the new Billiard Balls.
Available April 24th from drsdesigns.com
I also used a stitched die by Cottage Cutz and 1 by Rubbernecker.


My next card has the same pool theme but using the other 2 
new designs from DRS.
Pool Cue, Ball & Rack and Billiards Birthday Greeting
I used a stitched oval die from Rubbernecker and a Tim Holtz embossing folder from Sizzix.

The orange cardstock I used for this one is from Core'dinations so it comes out looking very distressed
without any extra work at all.  This paper had a lighter orange core.
I looked on line again to check out cues and there are so many of every description that I felt free to make it any 'ol way I wanted to!  
Thanks for visiting today!
Robin
 

6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Great coloring and detailing (love the shadows) on these, Robin. You did a fabulous job on them and they make me want to go make another card using these fun images! Hugz

Shelia said...

These are amazing, Robin. The colors are so bright & cheerful! And you have colored everything beautifully, even those tiny pool balls have beautiful shading! Impressive!

Lisa said...

I am so glad your son was able to let you know that each ball has a certain color for each number and I love, love, love both of these cards. I love that pool racks, tables and sticks all have so many different colors and designs.

I am beyond thrilled to see you create a card with my image. This is the biggest honor that the famous Miss Robin has used one of my images. Thank you so much for posting these cards. I love them both and love the coloring and layouts.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How fun, Robin! Love the bright orange backgrounds & colorful billiard balls. I guess when I color mine, I'll have to go look (we have a pool table that came w/ the house).

Samantha said...

Awesome cards today, Robin! The bright colors and your fabulous coloring skills are outstanding. They make me want to shoot a game of pool!

Karin said...

These are just gorgeous pool themed cards! I love the blue and orange color combo and I'm happy I googled the colors of the balls too...lol! As always, I'm blown away by your coloring skills and your eye for design!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP