Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Jungle Out There

>> Friday, April 23, 2021

 by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Our spring weather has backslid a bit..woke up to temps in the upper 20's this morning & it's not supposed to get above the 50's for a day or two. Hopefully it wasn't below freezing for too long so maybe the blooms will survive. The dogwoods & azaleas are almost at peak right now. 

So..I made this bartered green bg a few days ago then couldn't decide what to do w/ it. I used an embossing folder on it that looks like a jungle full of leaves. That led me to the greeting & the collection of cute animals. After I colored & fussy cut them, I added them over & under the wide deckled frame where I put the greeting along the bottom. In case you can't tell, a lot of the tiny inside pieces around the animals are still there. When I have tiny areas like that, I'll usually just color them in to match the bg so they disappear. It's a little bit of time saver.

Here's the inside & below it are the Copics I used.


Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper:  Staples 110# white
ink:  Memento tuxedo black,  Kaleidacolor Fresh Greens
accessories: Rubbernecker Deckle Rectangle, Rectangle Stitch dies, Copic Markers, Sizzix Tropical Leaves embossing folder, brayer




6 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Your coloring is off the charts Julie! This is such a cute image and you make it come alive!!
I love your card! So so cute!! Love that color and embossing in your bg too! Beautiful work!

Samantha said...

What a cute card, Julie! Love the background and your coloring is just stunning!

Lisa said...

Great coloring of this super fun image Julie and I love the leaves EF you used too.

Karin said...

That green leafy background is the most beautiful jungle I've ever seen, and your coloring on the gang really brings them to life! Fantastic card :)

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - one of the coolest jungle backgrounds that I have seen, Julie! Fabulously done and the images look so cool against it. This is such a treat inside and out. Hugz

Shelia said...

That embossing folder makes a perfect background for your jungle animals. You have colored them perfectly too! Beautiful card, Julie!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP