Blog Widget by LinkWithin

New Images and a Dogwood Obsession

>> Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Hello crafty friends,

Some fun new designs will hit the store this weekend, and I have a sneak peak card showing 3 of my favorites.  

I saw a fabulous card Julie from our team made for a Splitcoaststamper.com challenge recently where she cut out a lot of holes and colored up her main panel with splashes and splatters.  I thought this would work well to showcase the fun new Billiard Balls (533G).  When stamping them on the base I got a stamp line so I colored and fussy cut the new Pool Cue, Ball, and Rack image (469K) and tucked it in.  There are two new pool related sentiments and I used the Racking Up Birthday Greeting on the front (498D) and the other one on the inside.  

My son-in-law is a big pool enthusiast so these new stamps are going to be a hit with him!

I have been a kick with the Dogwood Branch image and have a few more creations to share:

This one features the Dogwood branch done in a wreath and the new Chick in Nest.  My background is done with sprays and sponging and I water-colored the chick and the flowers using the leftover color to splatter on the flowers and the background. 

I bought a jar new die from CTMH and I doodled on some lines on the jar, tag, and the background panel using a metal nib dipped in India Ink (another new obsession).  I am still getting ink blots, but I am embracing them.  I also used the Happy Mother's Day Greeting on this card. 

And lastly, you can really see my obsession with the dogwood image on my Art Journal page.

I stamped and water-colored a bunch of the flowers and fussy cut them while watching a movie.  Once I assembled the wreath, it still needed something so I added in a Happy Bee.  More leftover ink splatters and a doodled border plus a computer generated sentiment that grabbed my attention this week.  

Hope your week is going well and you are finding new obsessions too.

Hugz, 

Nancy

6 comments:

Shelia said...

Nancy these are great cards! Absolutely love what you did with the new pool ball images! All the dogwood flowers on a jar or wreath are gorgeous! Beautifully done!

Samantha said...

I love your cards today, Nancy! The dogwood image is one of my favorite designs and it's absolutely wonderful as an accent and as a wreath. (I love your wreaths and can't wait to see the next one!) The billiards card is outstanding. The colors are perfect and the layout is very cool. Thanks for a great post today!

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow, look at all those cards! I love your billiards card on top, what a great idea! Love the splatters and the fun peek holes!
Love the wreath cards too, you always make the best, prettiest wreaths!!!
Your jar is super cute too! Love all the Dogwood!

Lisa said...

Nancy I absolutely adore what you did with the billiard image. I am so thrilled to see my image used on cards and can't wait to see what everyone does with the image. It is a treat to see your card with it.

The dogwood image is amazing as a wreath and looks right at home on the glass jar too. Every card you make is candy to see.

Karin said...

Wow! You’ve been busy! Goodness the wreaths are lovely and really show off those beautiful flowers! I really like the pool themed card with the balls peeking out through the openings! Great design!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Oh my goodness, Nancy! You have been busy! And such lovely cards to show for it.Your wreaths are always beautiful & I love your kraft mason jar. Your billiards card is wonderful w/ the cut outs & splatters.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP