Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Holiday Fishes

>> Friday, April 30, 2021

  by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! In case you're wondering, since it's time for the Splitcoast Fan Club Christmas Challenge again & we have this new Best Fishes greeting, I thought I'd see if I could combine the two. Years ago I sent my brother in law a Best Fishes Holiday card since he & his wife love to fish so that gave me the idea for this card. Plus I love this Jumping Fish image.

After I stamped & colored the image, I added some wink of Stella to the fish & Christmas lights & I'm really surprised it shows up as well as it does. The Best Fishes was stamped on the white frame along w/ the Christmas lights then I used my "into the window" to cut out the oval opening. I added a black oval frame then attached my fish image behind it. 

Here's the inside & below it are the Copics I used.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper:  Staples 110# white, black
ink:  Memento tuxedo black
accessories: Rubbernecker Rectangle StitchOvalOval Stitch Frame dies, Copic Markers, Wink of Stella

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

So creative, so well done, and so pretty! I so want to make something like this now! Wonderful idea!

Your coloring and out of the box technique are fabulous, Julie.

Wow!

Hugz

Lisa said...

Oh how super clever to make a fishing Christmas card Julie this is super fun and well executed. Great coloring on that bass too.

Samantha said...

Who doesn't love a festive fish?? Your card is absolutely wonderful, Julie! Inside and out!

Robin Clendenning said...

I love your rainbow trout and your splash really stands out!! Fantastic idea adding the Christmas theme with lights and inside sentiment !!
Love the fish hook greeting, it is colored beautifully to match the beautiful coloring of your fish image!

Karin said...

This card is beautiful! The coloring is fantastical I think the holiday theme is so creative using the best fishes sentiment too :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP