Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Have A Reel'y Good Day!

>> Thursday, April 29, 2021

Good morning!

I've used some old and some new today on this card.
and then an older stamp I made the frame from, Fishing Square.



As you can see, the inside sentiment uses just a part of the Fishing Birthday Greeting and 
is hidden when the card is completely closed.
My background is done by sponging Distress Oxide Broken China, Twisted Citron and Tumbled Glass
I used Versafine Claire ink to stamp as it has a different compound that makes it 
cover well over Oxide inks.  The hardest part about this card was cutting out my 
frame.  I don't have a rectangle die just the right size so it took a few cuts.


My next card 
uses some of the same stamps and coloring techniques 
(colors: Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Picked Raspberry and Mustard Seed) 
but the inside uses 1 of the other new stamps,
Best Fishes Hook and also uses an old favorite Big Mouth Bass.



This time I used the whole Fishing Birthday Greeting.  The outside frame die
is from Lawn Fawn, I popped it up with adhesive strips.  The inside frame (on the front)
is made using 2 Rubbernecker stitched rectangle dies.
On the inside of the card I used the Lawn Fawn stitched frame again in the smaller size.
I finished the card with some Crystal Stickles.
Because I colored the images on the inside I used Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
which is perfect for using Alcohol ink pens like Copic Markers.

Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

 

6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

I am in love with these cards, Robin. Great sponging, coloring on the fish, framing, layering and designing. They are fun, colorful, happy and so creative. Wow! Fun ideas! I am going to get that fish image out today and practice coloring him some more! GREAT cards! Hugz

Karin said...

These cards are beautiful! I love the gorgeous colors and the cool framing on both! The fishermen look highlighted in the two scenes, but they're totally different from each other...So creative! And I didn't even mention the cute fish inside. Perfect birthday card!

Shelia said...

Wow Robin, these are so beautiful! The bright colors really make the images pop! Love the open frame on the first card and the inside is just as pretty on the secon as the outside!! Absolutely beautiful!

Samantha said...

These are gorgeous, Robin! I love the frame you made with the fishing square. It's a perfect fit for the boat design. The colors are really awesome on both and with the inside of the second card, I feel like we got three cards today! Lovely!

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous happy colors Robin and beautifully designed inside and out. Great job with these new fishing stamps.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are beautiful, Robin! Love the candy/rainbow colors..it's so bright & happy. Your first card looks terrific w/ the fishing words around the frame. The second one is wonderful w/ the white framing & the inside looks just as wonderful.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP