Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Happy Thoughts!

>> Thursday, March 4, 2021

Good morning!

My first card this morning has the Arched Window looking 
out at an ocean scene in a shaker!
For the scene out the window I used:



The sentiment, Happy Thoughts is added at the bottom on a pennant/banner.  
I scored the bottom to look like bead board, every 1/4" and left the top plain then colored it 
with B000 Copic.  The bottom was lightly sponged with Morning Mist.     
I also added 1/4" chair railing in white and used a C2 Copic to make a shadow under the railing.    
My frame is from Lawn Fawn.  
I cut out the window panes and added acetate behind them.  
Next I made my little scene and colored with a variety of blues, grays, beige  and red.  
I made a sun stencil punching a circle from a post-it then used  
brushes to apply color to the sky.  
I made an inner popped up frame using a Fun Foam sheet then before adding  
the scene to the back of the front window scene.  
I added some shaker pieces mostly sequins and Prills.


My next card features the Arched Window on a yellow siding and brick house (I remember one from my youth that I thought was so pretty).


I stamped the window then masked and stamped the bricks and Wood Grain Background.  I stamped the wheelbarrow and butterflies separately and fussy cut them then glued them on.
I added some transparent red acrylic dots to my sentiment banner 
and fishtailed the end.

Thanks for visiting today!
Robin


 

7 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, Robin, some exciting window scenes here! Love your buildings! The ocean scene is very cool, and I love how you colored up the wheelbarrow. BEAUTIFUL cards! Hugz

Shelia said...

These are gorgeous cards with creative ways to use the arched window stamp. Your buildings are so pretty and the scenes are lovely! I’d like to be staying in that first one! 😊

Linda Kunsman said...

these are both beautiful! I sure would love to have that boat scene outside one of my windows:)

Karin said...

Lady! Your window cards are just phenomenal! Not only is the scene outside the window beautiful, it’s a shaker card too! Wow! And the backgrounds and the cheerful wheelbarrow on the second are fantastic!

Vivian Swain said...

Beautiful shaker card.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are both wonderful, Robin! Love the colors & bead board & the little sailing scene outside the window is beautiful. Your brick wall window scene is terrific. Love the butterflies & wheelbarrow.

Lisa said...

Robin I love, love, love the blue window card. Great colors. Then I see the yellow one and WOWZA I can't pick a favorite. The scene in both of these cards is just gorgeous.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP