Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

New Year's Stars

>> Friday, December 20, 2019

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Only 5 more days until Christmas! Are you ready? I will be as soon as the last few gifts I ordered arrive. Seems like there are always a few stragglers. When you order, it says 'will ship tomorrow!'. Then a few days later, it's still sitting there. The tracking number they email shows "carrier awaiting receipt" or something. I don't call that 'on it's way'. That sounds kind of like Pre-K. Not kindergarten yet, but not nursery school. So I'm gathering it's not really shipped yet. Bummer!

So while my packages are in Pre-K, I have a New Year's card to share. I don't make a lot of cards just for New Year's..since I feel the wishes are already included in the Christmas card. But like the tags I made last week, I'm making one this year. The big greeting was silver embossed on a circle die cut. Then I made a couple of star cut outs on the white panel. Die cut smaller stars out of white & silver to have sit inside. The front & stars are elevated a bit w/ some fun foam & I added some silver cord to hang the stars. 
I saw a question on a FB group last week where someone asked if anyone still had a paper crimper & if they still use it. I said I did, so I guess I had to prove it by using it on the metallic silver band & circle.  I think you can see a little of the shine of the silver on the pic below. The last little outline star was left over after cutting the stars, so I silver embossed it & added it.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a very Merry Christmas!


Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs - Happy New Year 
paper:  Staples 110# white, metallic silver
ink:  Encore Ultimate Metallic silver
accessories: Misti, Rubbernecker Rectangle StitchCircle StitchStar Outline dies, Double Stitched Stars  dies, Stitched Mats Long & Skinny dies, silver embossing powder, paper crimper. silver cord


3 comments:

Karin said...

The white and silver combo is so clean, elegant and strikingly beautiful! Love the cut outs and the crimped paper! Great job using one of those "dusty" papercrafting tools we all have!

Robin Clendenning said...

Spectacular! I love the cut out star and the smaller star inside! Love the silver and white stripe mat for your Happy New Year and all the trimming!
Beautiful card!

nwilliams6 said...

Julie, elgance at its best! Wow. So pretty with the way you did the stars and keeping the white and silver only. You are such a wonderful designer! Hugz

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP