Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Merry Christmas Week!

>> Monday, December 23, 2019

Happy Day before Christmas Eve!  Hope you are enjoying this Christmas season with family and friends.

I needed one more Christmas card and a dear friend gave me this beautiful die cut image yesterday after church. She and I get together to create cards and she had just gotten this die and had to share it with me. I'm so glad she did. I love creating Christmas cards, especially ones that share the true meaning of this special holiday.


I needed a night sky to go with this die cut of the holy family heading to Bethlehem, so I stamped the starry background onto the top of some water color paper, heat embossed it with clear EP and then sponged on three shades of blue Distress Oxide Inks. Once that dried I glued the die cut to the panel and attached it to a white card base. The Silent Night Holy Night greeting was stamped with VersaMark ink onto black CS, heat embossed with white EP, die cut with a SB banner die and added to the card. I really like how this turned out. I may be investing in this die for next year's Christmas cards. I guess I'd better find out who makes it!!!

I hope you have a blessed Christmas as you think about Jesus and what his coming to earth means for us.

Merry Christmas,
shelia

3 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh it is so beautiful, I love seeing the true meaning of CHRISTmas on a card!
Love the history told in Luke about Mary, Joseph and the trip to Bethlehem then the wonderful birth of our savior!
Beautiful Shelia!

nwilliams6 said...

Super pretty, Sheila! Love the sky and the beautiful image. A really beautiful card and post. Merry Christmas!!! Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is lovely, Shelia! The silhouette die cut is so pretty & is wonderful on top of your beautiful, starry bg.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP