Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Happy Holidays

>> Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Hi Everyone,

In my attempt to make quick and easy cards, and make ones that I haven't made a thousand times before, I came across this doily tree in one of my notebooks.  One of those ideas I jotted down when doilies on cards were all the rage.  Well, for me it's what's old is new again, so I grabbed my doily stash and gave it a go.

After folding the tree I attached it to a simple snowflake embossed background, embellishing the flakes using the same pearls from the gem and pearl "garland" on the tree.


I used a couple of circle punches for the Happy Holidays Greeting and it was done.

I did attempt to take photos along the way, if you wanted to try for yourself.




I just can't get the pictures to turn 1/4, so that they are right side up.  I thought about not including them, but if you tilt your head to the left, they may still be helpful ;) .




It really is just a folding back and forth until you run out of doily :)


May everything be right side up for you this Christmas season!  

Happy Holidays!

Karin


5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Very cool, Karin. That tree is totally fabulous and the gems really make even better. Great idea and I just may try it! Beautiful card. Hugz

Shelia said...

Karin, your tree is so cute! The red gems really make it stand out. This is super cute. & such a good way to use doilies!

Sue said...

I love your doily tree Karin! Maybe you'll start a 2nd wave of all things doily? Your instructions make it look simple and you did a great job trimming it too!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is wonderful, Karin! I have a bunch of those paper doilies & this is a great way to use them. And I love that it's so easy.

Robin Clendenning said...

So cute, I love your doily Christmas tree, what a brilliant idea!
Beautiful embossed bg and love the red rhinestones!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP