Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Many Thanks!

>> Monday, December 16, 2019

Happy Monday Everyone! Hope you had a great weekend and found some time to get creative. I went to a friend's house Saturday along with a dozen others and we baked cookies and made candy all day long. It was so much fun and exhausting all at the same time. I've never seen so many different cookies and candies! I may have even discovered a new favorite cookie!  I am in need of a thank you card for my friend for sharing her home and kitchen with all of us and that was my inspiration for my cards today.


I started by stamping the Blizzard Thank you greeting with SU Cranberry Crisp ink onto white CS, die cut it with a Fawn Lawn rectangle die and attached it to the Cranberry card base. The snowflakes were cut using a variety of dies from my stash. A sparkly rhinestone was added to the centers of the snowflakes.

Since I'll be needing more thank you cards this Christmas season I decided to make another, well actually several others using this same greeting. I think it's the perfect thank you greeting for this time of the year.  


Instead of die cutting snowflakes for this card, I stamped the Interlocking Snowflakes Background image with Stazon Red ink arranging them so they only covered the upper portion of the white panel. The greeting was stamped with the same ink. After die cutting with the same Fawn Lawn die, I attached the panel to a red card base.

These were quick and easy to create, so I will definitely be making a few more. Maybe I'll try some other colors.  Hope you like them. Thanks for stopping by today!

blessings,
shelia

5 comments:

Sue said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Saturday! I'm wishing I could have a fun day like that too - but it certainly won't happen anytime soon :)

Love the thank you cards you made - the both look so quick and easy I don't have any excuse not to make and send them!

Karin said...

What a fun holiday activity you had! I LOVE these simple monochromatic cards...Ones I could totally replicate and they are perfect for the winter season!

Robin Clendenning said...

These are so pretty!! I love the red snowflakes and you are right, that sentiment IS perfect for a thank you this time of year! I love both cards!

nwilliams6 said...

Sounds like so much fun doing group baking, laughing, and eating! Super cool way to share friendship around the holidays. Your thank you card is perfect and I know she will love it. Super pretty done all in red and very thoughtful. Lovely post. Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are terrific, Shelia! I love the deep red snowflakes..perfect w/ that greeting. Sounds like you had a great time!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP