Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Pinecone Joy

>> Friday, November 8, 2019

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

 Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! With Thanksgiving fast approaching, I think it's time to get serious about making Christmas cards. I really love the look of Prismacolor pencils on kraft colored card & I've kind of been in the mood for that, so my card today is just that.

I used a combo of the black & rhubarb inks to ink the pinecone then used the Prismas to color it. The image was masked & I stamped the pine bough w/ the northern pine ink. The snow was added w/ a white Posca paint pen & I used a paintbrush & some thinned white paint to add the snow splatters. I sponged around all of the edges w/ a Brilliance moonlight white ink pad to add a little more of the snowy look. 
 Here's the inside.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs - Pine Cone w BowPine Bough  Joy to You, (inside: Merriest Christmas)
paper:  Staples 110# white, kraft 
ink:  Memento northern pine, tuxedo black, rhubarb, Brilliance moonlight white
accesories: Rubbernecker Rectangle StitchRounded Corner Rectangle Stitch dies ODBD double stitched circles dies, Prismacolor Pencils, Posca Paint pen, white acrylic paint


5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Wow. So pretty! The pencils on craft and the snowy and frosty effects totally make this even more special, Julie. A fabulous card in every way. LOVE it!

Karin said...

Gosh, this is just so beautiful! I love the coloring and the bits of snow everywhere...Even on the sentiment! The perfect touch to make this card a stunner!

Sue said...

What a beautiful card Julie! Wonderful idea to hang the pine cone from the pine branch and you did a gorgeous job coloring it! My favorite part is the snow gathering in the "Joy" - as Karin said it's the perfect finishing touch!

Shelia said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Julie. Everything looks so fresh & bright on the Kraft Cardstock!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh I love the pine cone images!! Beautiful Christmasy winter scene Julie! Love it!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP