Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Extra Tweet

>> Thursday, March 7, 2019

Good morning!

This card features our new Silly Bird.  I made him even sillier with google eyes and a derby of green and gold glitter paper.  I also used the new 
Extra Tweet sentiment and some other older favorites, Leafy Tree Branch 
The diamond shape dies are from HC.  The blue/green background 
was a piece of blue cardstock sprayed with some green Dylusions Ink.
The inside panel background was the Alcohol Ink in water marbling technique.


This card features the new Feathers and another favorite, 
Birds of a Feather.  The background was done using the 
Alcohol Inks and water marbling technique, I then stamped the sentiment with Black VersaFine (it stamps VERY black). and stamped the feathers over the words with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink (not Oxide as it is Opaque).  I stamped the rest of the background with black feathers.  I stamped the feathers again 
with black Tuxedo Memento, colored them with Copics then 
fussy cut them for my embellishment adding a ribbon and enamel dot.
I used a SCS sketch for this card as well.


This is a shadow box card using the Embossing Folder 
Letter-Press Technique. I cut one 5 1/2" white square, Brayered one side of the tree embossing folder with Heatwave Kaleidacolor Ink Pad and then ran the cardstock and folder through the die cutting machine.  I then made this shadow box (HC) and cut the center out of my embossed cardstock and covered the outside and the inside. I had to make the box first to make sure I glued the center directly into the "window" opening.
I stamped and fussy cut the Tree House Gnome, Snail Toadstool
Ladybug Toadstool, and Toadstools.  To go with these stamps, I die cut some Sizzix toadstools and plant life also some birch trees.  
I tore some paper for grass.
Die cut the Wonderful Day Gnome and glued it to the inside center after sponging with Brilliance Sky Blue.


Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

7 comments:

ionabunny said...

Love the funny bird and that's a lovely LO. Hugz

Karin said...

I love your birdie transformation...lol! His hat and eyes just made me smile :) That feather card is just beautiful and I love your feather embellishment! And I dub you queen of the gnomes! Each card is more magical than the last... What a wonderful detailed little world :)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Your St. Paddy's Day bird looks so cute, Robin! Love the diamond shape & sparkly hat. Your feather card has such lovely colors & again, the great diamond shape in the center. Your gnome card is over the top! The shadow box fold makes it look like a stage production. terrific job on this!

Sue said...

Your little Irish birdie is ADORABLE! I was so distracted by his cuteness I didn't even notice you sat him on a branch! Love the feather card with it's awesome background and the accent feathers! Your gnome shadowbox is completely over the top! A perfect little scene with toadstools popping up everywhere!

nwilliams6 said...

Robin, three totally wonderful cards. My fave is the last one - so many totally wonderful details and it is amazing! I love when you go over the top with 42,000 fun details like that. I really like how you transformed the bird for St. Pat's day too - genius! Fun sketch on the feathers card. All fab ideas and fab cards. Hugz

Shelia said...

Wow Robin, these are some real beauties! Gorgeous details & fun techniques. The St. Patrick's Day bird is adore with his die cut hat & fun eyes. Love the shadow box with the gnomes & mushrooms.

Susie Williams said...

All of your creations are fabulous Robin. I always know I'm in for a real treat when the screen opens to reveal one of your amazing cards!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP