Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Love Bug Hugs

>> Monday, February 18, 2019

Happy Monday.  Hope you had a great weekend! I have a couple of cards to share with you today that feature the new Ladybug Toadstool and the Love Bug Hug greeting


This first card uses the open calendar image which I stamped onto white CS, hand wrote the dates and computer generated the Month and year. The tiny ladybug was stamped on the 14th day, colored with copics and then I cut the calendar out and attached it to the red banner that was stamped with the easy dot background in Versafine Black Onyx ink. The greeting was stamped with Memento Lady bug red ink, die cut and attached with foam adhesive for some dimension. The new lady bug Toadstool was stamped, colored, fussy cut and glued into place. I smudged some black ink at the top of the card, so the black gingham ribbon was added to cover that up!



The red panel was stamped with the checkerboard background image using Ladybug red Memento ink, as was the greeting. The ladybug toadstool was stamped, colored with Copics, die cut and layered onto some red CS. The white layer was die cut with an edge die and embossed with a strip of small hearts. I added the red plaid washi tape to the white panel before putting it all together. The bow was created using a Martha Stewart punch that I've had for years. I punched out several bows, glued them together for dimension and added a red rhinestone to the center. 

Thanks for stopping by!

shelia

4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Shelia, these are so cute! Great job using that new Ladybug Toadstool in some inventive ways. I definitely need to get that dot bg stamps - not sure why I don't have it already! Super fun and super cute cards. Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

Those cards are so cute! I love that sentiment with these new stamps! Cute with all the red too!

Karin said...

These are card are fabulous! I love the sentiment you used and the little lady bug marking the calendar is super clever! Your used of backgrounds is spectacular and great job on the card layouts too!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are so sweet, Shelia! I love your cute Valentines. The colors & fun layouts are perfect for Valentine's Day.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP