Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Irish Friendship

>> Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Hi Everyone,

Today I have a couple of Irish/St. Patrick's Day/Friendship cards to share with you.  I tried to get out of my comfort zone, and flipped through my sketch binder and found this interesting one.

Beginning with a green card base, I attached a shamrock embossed background.  I punched out some brown and green 1 1/4" squares, stamping them using the Tree Slice Woodgrain and the
Shamrock Scroll , and then attached them in the pattern seen here. This left a spot for an image on top and a sentiment below.


I chose to stamp and die cut the Claddagh, coloring it and attaching it with dimensional foam tape.   The missing you was an old die from Cuttlebug/Provocraft and I thought it would be appropriate for a card for a far away friend. Lastly, I attached a green metal clip for embellishment.

Here, I began by stamping the Irish Friendship Greeting, die cutting it and adding some sponging around the edges.  Taking inspiration from the greeting,  I used some Copic markers to create the rainbow background and some colorless ink to make the water droplets.  Before attaching it to the card base, I came across a scrap that had been stamped using the Silhouette Branch Background, so I added that as well.  Love using up those bits.  Just because it didn't work out that one time, don't toss it away!



The two images, Snail Toadstool and Tree Home Gnome were stamped, colored, punched out and added with more dimensional tape. 

Thanks for visiting today!
Karin


5 comments:

Shelia said...

Karin, these are beautiful cards! I really like the layout on the first one as well as the colors and the way you used the tree slice & scroll images. The rainbow colors on the second card are gorgeous and really make the greeting & images stand out. Love them both!

Robin Clendenning said...

What a great idea on the first card with the little squares of different patterns and on the second card, wow, I love your beautiful bg!! Nice work with the images in the circles too. Love the gnome walking without anything else, puts the focus right on him!

nwilliams6 said...

Both cards are so creative and so well done, Karin. I totally love the images and layout on the first and that Claddagh is so interesting! Wonderful! the second card is full of awesome colors, techniques and images. Stunning cards, my friend. Hugz

Sue said...

2 Amazing cards Karin! I just love it when you walk on the wild side :) Your patchwork card is just wonderful - great stamp choices and I love how you filled the empty spaces! Your rainbow card makes me smile to look at it! So bright and cheerful and I love the 2 little circles with the gnome and mushroom!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are fabulous, Karin! I love the punched out squares w/ the different backgrounds & colors. The little die cut greeting fits in perfectly. The second is so colorful & bright! Definitely looks like a rainbow on a card.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP