Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Bible Journaling with the Flower Cross

>> Wednesday, January 30, 2019

I have been doing a lot of Bible Journaling lately. It has been very comforting.  Today, I used the Flower Cross Image to journal in Proverbs 24: 19-20 and in 1 Peter 4:7-8.  

Proverbs 24 19-20 are great verses when dealing with people who are not honest or do things underhandedly.  

I stamped the image, colored it with water color pencils, then I used a diamond stencil with several colors of blue and some white and black to make the background.  Then I traced over the image with a Micron pen to make it pop out more after the water colors blurred it a bit.  
Next, in 1 Peter 4:7-8, I focused on Peter's warning to make sure we are being watchful in our prayers and have fervent love for each other.  Making sure we are recognizing sin and asking God to help us.  Fervent love is an active, warm, and intense love and care for others. 

I stamped the cross and did a little different water coloring with a blue around the cross and more peach in the background.  I did a wonderful wreath with this same Flower Cross HERE.  I deconstructed it to do the flowers and leaves.  
Hope your week is going well!

Hugz,

Nancy

5 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

wonderful journaling Nancy!! Love how you rewrite the verse you are imaging about. The cross with the little diamond shapes in the bg is great!

Shelia said...

Beautiful Bible journaling Nancy. The soft colors behind the crosses draws the eye and is very calming. These are wonderful verses to study!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

your bible journaling is awesome, Nancy! And your writing is so neat. My handwriting has gotten terrible & even I have trouble reading it sometimes, lol.

Sue said...

Wonderful pages Nancy! The flower cross was a perfect choice and you colored it beautifully!

Karin said...

Your Bible journaling is just so inspiring and I love that gorgeous cross! Such soothing colors :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP