Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Halloween Scream!

>> Friday, September 28, 2018

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Although fall is officially here, it hasn't felt much like fall. And I'm really looking forward to it. This whole area is a real tourist attraction in fall because the leaves are usually spectacular. But if it continues being as wet as it's been...I dunno. 

There were a couple of ideas behind my card today. I saw a spooky scene that was all on black with white highlights & thought I'd try that. I think it looked better in my head, but oh well. The other was a Splitcoast challenge to use a monogram & I like doing that, so I did a little dropped capital letter w/ that. I put the black paper in my Misti & stamped it w/ Memento then colored it w/ Prismas. I had to keep stamping it because..well, black ink on black paper = hard to see! Used the H monogram for the beginning of my word then put the rest on the lt blue layer. A little different color for Halloween, but it was the only color that worked w/ this scene. 
Here's a look at the inside.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper:  Staples 110# white, black
ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Versaclair nocturne 
accessories:  MISTIPrismacolor Pencils, Rubbernecker Rectangle Stitch  & Circle Stitch dies, ODBD double stitched squares dies, IO Bats dies, Spellbinders alpha dies


6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Spooky scene, Julie. I love the black/white/misty gray and the bats coming out of the picture - you always have the best ideas. So well done and inspiring!!! Hugz

Karin said...

Your scene is gorgeous! Literally you've made a beautiful gravesite scene...lol! Only a Julie card could do that :) Love the creative take on the sentiment too!

Sue said...

WOW! What an incredible scene Julie! I definitely think you've won the creepy scene award! The light blue looks awesome with the black and grays! Great job with the sentiment too - the monogram H really grabs the attention!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh wow Julie, this is so incredible all in gray tones black/white~ Adding the white to the fence made it look old and somewhat crooked which is amazing for the scene!! I love that amazing sky too, awesome card!

Shelia said...

Julie, this is fabulous! I like black & white cards a lot. Great combo of images. I like the highlighting on this too. Great technique.

Karin said...

A masterpiece of a spooky card! I love the whole scene and the clever thing you did with the sentiment! Amazing inside too :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP