Blog Widget by LinkWithin

With Sympathy

>> Tuesday, August 2, 2022


Hi Everyone,

Sadly, I was in need of a sympathy card and didn't have one on hand.  I have a simple, go to card design, but I've used it so many times, that I have no idea who I've sent it to in the past.  I chose another easy to replicate design in a neutral color, but I feel like the browns may have been a bit drab. More depressing, than soothing.  I'll choose a soft green or blue next time for my monochromatic sympathy card. 

The background was stamped using the Silhouette Branch and the sentiment is With Sympathy
  I mounted the greeting on some black cardstock and used a border punch and a row of gems to add some interest.  I also added some matching twine before I attached the greeting to the card. 



Not wanting to be stuck without a sympathy card for next time, I took inspiration from Lisa's beautiful card here, and made one for my stash. It's not as pretty as hers, but the recipient won't know that! 

Here are the stamps I used for this:





And inside:



Thanks for stopping by the blog today!
Karin



4 comments:

Lisa said...

I am so sorry you needed a sympathy card. They can be very hard to make when we need them. I am so thrilled you took inspiration from my card for a second card to add to your stash. I love your version too. I need to get that background splash so I can use it on some cards.

Both cards are beautifully done. I might need to make one inspired by your first card as it really turned out great!

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, these are simply beautiful cards. Wow. I love the look of each of them - simple, elegant and conforting.

So sorry you needed them!

Thanks for the inspiration.

Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh what beautiful and clean looking sympathy cards! I love the white with a simple stamp design, really elegant!

Samantha said...

They're both lovely sympathy cards, Karin and I'm sure your recipient appreciated your efforts.
I love that sentiment for a sympathy card. It's sends the perfect message. <3

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP