Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

More Wave Fun

>> Friday, March 8, 2024

Hello Crafty Friends,



I am having more fun with the Happiness Comes in Waves greeting.   A recent mixed media challenge at Splitcoaststampers.com was to use tape and various mediums to create a card.  I thought about it long and hard until an idea to create a wave hit me.  

  1. Preparation: I began by applying a layer of clear gesso to the surface.
  2. Clouds and Interest: Next, I introduced black script paper to create cloud-like shapes and add visual interest.
  3. Wave Formation: To form the wave, I tore pieces of tape, scrunched them up, and adhered them to the paper in a wave-like pattern. However, the tape didn’t want to stay put, so I applied additional glue.
  4. Color and Depth: For the water, I used highly pigmented watercolors to achieve the vibrant hues. The sky was painted with watered-down colors to create a softer effect.
  5. Frothy Details: To simulate frothy waves, I added a touch of Snowtex to the wave’s crest. Additionally, I splattered some more of it for added texture.
  6. Surfer Accent: Finally, I placed a die-cut surfer on the card, elevating it with foam tape for dimension.
I love how this came out and how it showcases that great new sentiment from DRS Designs.

Hope you have big weekend plans - something as fun as surfing (which for me would be a long nap).

Hugz,

Nancy


5 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh I love all the wonderful textures and the colors you achieved in your wave. Really great scene you created with the tape and mixed media.

MUKat said...

Such a neat card. Thank you for your detailed description on how you assembled this card.

Karin said...

That wave you created is a masterpiece! Who knew water could have texture!? What an awesome card you made to feature that fun sentiment! So brilliant!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh now, this is the coolist card ever Nancy! I LOVE the way you made that perfect wave to surf!
How ingenious of you. Gives me an idea for a die I have...I don't think I would EVER try that wave though!
Awesome!

Sue said...

What an incredible wave Nancy, absolutely incredible. It reminds me of you awesome bacon and egg card from years back. You can do anything lady!!!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP