Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Life is Better...Tutorial

>> Monday, March 20, 2023

 

Have you ever tried using just parts of your sentiment stamps just to get one word placed on the card in a different layout? Today I have a peek at how I move around words on my cards without cutting apart my sentiments. 

  • To start off I stamped the boots from 4 IN 1 COWBOY GEAR - 697M on white card stock and colored them with copics.
  • I then use a piece of acetate and my stamp platform to line up my words where I want them on my card. I used the BETTER IN COWBOY BOOTS GREETING - 236D on this card.
  • First, I lined up the Life is better alongside the left of the boots. I stamp the sentiment in full on the acetate sheet and then move my card where I want that portion of the sentiment. Once it is lined up, I use masking or scrap paper to cover my card where the other words would be stamped so that my stamp will only stamp on the card stock just the words I want stamped in that location.
  • After stamping the Life is better portion, I move my cardstock to where I want the next portion of the sentiment. On this card I stamped in Cowboy in the next location. 
  • I then masked on my card where the Life is better and the word Boots so that my card would only have just the words in Cowboy stamped.
  • I then moved the card around again so that I could line up Boots where I wanted it on the card. As you can see on my card, the BOOTS is way down at the bottom. I was thankful it still fit. But it just shows you that you can be creative when stamping to move around just portions of the sentiments.

Here is a picture of my stamping platform, my acetate, my masking paper and the sentiment so you can get a better idea of the description on how I move around my sentiments on my card and get just a portion.


As you can see on my white paper, the word BOOTS at the top was stamped. This is my scrap paper, and I used this paper to help cover up my card stock. This image is the final stamping. I was working to line up the word boots so that I could stamp it in the final spot on my card and I am masking the Life is better in Cowboy portion of the stamp.

If you have a stamping platform and acetate, I hope you give this a try. It lets you use just portions of your stamps to place words wherever you want on your cards.



I also created a tutorial con my blog called Moving Around Your Sentiment.



Thank you for stopping by to check out my card this week and reading up on how I use just portions of my sentiment stamps on my cards.



3 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Love your cowboy boots card!! Since I have a pair in almost every color, I think life IS better in cowboy boots!! Wore my purple ones yesterday for church!
Love the CAS design, so clean and just beautiful!

Karin said...

Those boots are gorgeous! Those are boots that I would totally wear...lol! Love what you did with the sentiment. This card is CAS perfection!

nwilliams6 said...

Love the boots and how you lined the sentiment up. Super card and I love the way you colored them, Lisa. Hugz

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP