Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Better in Cowboy Boots

>> Thursday, February 2, 2023

Good morning crafty friends!
Hope you like this fun card, it has some great "old" techniques used.
I stamped the Western Dancing Couple on white cardstock, colored then fussy cut.
They are popped up with some 3D foam that is about 3/8" tall (pretty thick stuff).
See below the other techniques used on this card.
I stamped Better In Cowboy Boots on a circle label cut from Texture Roll (Sizzix).  Before I cut it out I inked the die to create the walnut ink circles inside the die cut...These label dies are especially made to take ink before cutting for this cool letterpress look.

It is easy to see that I popped up the frame (cut from the same embossed (folder by Tim Holtz-Sizzix) piece of tan Texture Roll from Sizzix).  I had inked the embossing folder with Walnut Stain.


I stamped the Cowboy Garb on Shrink Plastic then colored with Copics, it did not color very smoothly but what did I expect on plastic right?  So anyway, when I cut it out and put it in my toaster oven (I keep just for crafts), it shrunk just like it should, so I got this cute little charm for the card front.

Get out your shrink plastic and make some charms then get your folders out and start making some fun letterpress backgrounds with your favorites.
It feels amazing to have backgrounds ready to go.

Thanks for visiting today!
Robin



 

3 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Amazing, Robin. You so excel at western cards. I love this. Great wood look, super coloring and the charm you made is wonderful. WOWWEE! Hugz

Lisa said...

Wowza robin, that letter press wood is gorgeous and the shrink plastic charm is fabulous! I have not done that in years. Super fantastic card!

Sue said...

Incredible card Robin. I'm not sure if I"m more impressed with your textured wood grain background, leather look greeting circle, fussy cut dancers or the shrink plastic charm. All together they make a most impressive card!!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP