Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

White Christmas

>> Thursday, November 24, 2022

 Well, Happy Thanksgiving to all my U.S. friends!

To everyone else in this world, happy day!  Hope you can be crafting wherever you are!

Today I have a card that was made using DRS stamp Tree Line Border in a Misti, stamping it twice, once on white and once on blue using clear embossing ink then embossing both with a glittery silvery color.  I then cut one panel and fit it to the second panel.

Since I was making a slimline card this worked perfectly.  It doesn't show as well in the photo (I think I should have used a different embossing powder for the camera).

I splattered the scene with white paint for a snowy weather condition, stamped part of the Drink The Red Christmas at the top of the blue "sky" then before mounting it on a white eyelet panel, I added a strip of white satin ribbon and glued a bow to it, and finally I glued it all onto a folded slimline card.



Traditionally in the states, the Christmas season starts with Black Friday the day after
Thanksgiving but as the years fly by, we've been seeing Christmas at the stores right after Halloween!!
Poor Thanksgiving kinda gets ripped off as a holiday to the retailers
But I'll tell you what, in the states we do LOVE to have that Thanksgiving feast
and would NOT want to miss it!
If you don't believe me, try being sick around the holiday and NOT be able to be with family eating turkey or ham or whatever your traditional food may be. 
Then you will realize just how special this holiday is.
In case you did not guess, my husband and I are both sick and will NOT be going anywhere this holiday nor will anyone come to visit us because we tested positive for Covid!
Not to worry though, we are both feeling better and are on the mend, still have to isolate though!
Ratz!
I bought a turkey breast before I got sick so that we could pretend we had turkey left-overs, now it will be our dinner and no pretending, we WILL have turkey left-overs!
I have a recipe for the best ever Turkey Tortilla Soup, I will use my left-overs to make it!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone! 
Robin

2 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Robin. So frosty and elegant! Wow.

Hope you are better now!!!! HUgz

Sue said...

You knocked this one right out of the park Robin! You know I'm a sucker for a CAS card and this one is PERFECT!! I'm with Nancy - elegant is the perfect description for this beautiful card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP