Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Ice Day Birthday!

>> Thursday, January 20, 2022

 

Good morning!


I found this sentiment in my DRS stamps and thought how perfect to add snow (embossing folder), ice (ice skates) and gloves (mittens).  I used the Raised Mittens Skip Winter then fussy cut 2 of the mittens, colored then added some Liquid Applique to the wrist bands and heat to puff, I used Skating Snowman then die cut with a cross-stitch circle die, I then glued the mittens to his "hands".
The sentiment where I got my idea is Ice Day Birthday I stamped it in red on a 5 1/2 X 1 3/4" strip of white (approximate, I fit according to sentiment).  I then cut a red panel to mat the sentiment.
I used a snow background embossing folder on a white 4 1/8 X 5 3/8" panel, I then cut the sentiment strip to fit 5 3/8" and glued it to the snow background on a red 4 1/4 X 5 1/2" card panel.
The circle snowman is popped up.
Totally simple card for your winter birthday!
My husband's birthday is January 2nd so this was perfect for him.

Thanks for visiting today!
Robin

4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

That snowman never looked so good, Robin. Love the red color focus, those fussy cut mittens, and all the white with tons of layers and texture. This is super cute. Now I want to redress the snowman too! Fun ideas and card. Hugz

Lisa said...

Love that fun snowman and great addition adding the mittens with the puff to them. Love the clean and simple feel to the card too.

Sue said...

What a cute, cute card Robin! What a great idea adding the mittens to "Frosty"! Great job accenting them to fit the saying too!

Karin said...

This is just such a cute card! I LOVE that you had the clever idea to add mittens to that darling snowman, and your exceptional coloring just brought him to life!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP