Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Bucket List: Hot Air Balloon

>> Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Today, I have a page from my travel journal to share with you. 

I recently visited Albuquerque, New Mexico with my youngest daughter, Allie, and her son.  She wanted to ride a hot air balloon and check it off her bucket list. I grew up in Albuquerque and was on a hot air baloon team for a year.  She had heard lots and lots of stories  about hot air balloon adventures from me, and she was always amazed that I was afraid of heights but still able to fly.  I told her she needed to go up and the she would see why.  

On her flight, she met a popular travel blogger and they hit it off very well.  The blogger was doing unique videos, interviews, and pictures and enlisted Allie's help. They did some fun pictures and videos from inside the balloon as it was inflating.  This is a picture of Allie inside playing around. 





Here is my travel journal page.
I made the main panel printing out my journaling words, cutting down the paper, then dipping it in an ink mixture of Southwestern colors.  I wasn't happy with it so I took my ink pads and swipped them across the page until it looked better.  Then I put in my pictures and added three balloons from the 4 in 1 In The Sky image. 

I love how this came out and, suprizingly, she did too.  Isn't it fun how one stamp can make a page turn out really well?

Hope your week is going well.

Hugz


5 comments:

Sue said...

What a perfect journal page Nancy! It's amazing how those 3 tiny balloons added just the right amount without taking away from the background or pictures. Thank goodness she had a peaceful and safe journey!

Robin Clendenning said...

That is totally amazing Nancy! Love your page with the little hot air balloons you fussy cut!

Karin said...

What an amazing memory of what looks like an incredible day! You captured it perfectly and those little balloons are super sweet!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh Nancy that image of your daughter in the balloon is amazing and what a fun time to ride in a hot air balloon too. And your journal page is perfect to add just a bit of interest but let the images shine. The little hot air balloons is all it needs.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is fabulous, Nancy! Your journal pg & the pic of your beautiful daughter..what a fun experience for you both.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP