Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Masculine Birthday Cards

>> Tuesday, May 11, 2021

 Hi Everyone,



Now that Mother's Day is behind us, I have a couple of cards to share for the guys in your life.  DRS Designs has really come in strong this month, releasing all kinds of stamps for the fishing and billiard enthusiasts in your life!



I paired the new Fishing Birthday Greeting with the Proud Catch Fisherman image stamp, which I layered onto a background stamped using the Splatter Background stamp.  In keeping with the masculine and fishing theme, I wrapped that background with some matching twine and netting.





Here I stamped, colored and punched out the Billiard Balls using circle punches, because of the ball/ round shaped theme on the card. To embellish the Ball on Your Birthday Greeting,  I made an eight ball out of punches, and hand drew the number eight.  I also hand cut the pennant shape on the sentiment. 





Thanks so much for stopping by and I'm wishing you the loveliest of days!


Karin


6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Both are great cards, Karin. I love the texture and splatter background on the first with that great image and the billiard circles look fabulous! Super guy cards! Hugz

Shelia said...

Oh my goodness Karin, your billiard card is the cutest ever! You are so clever to use that greeting & add the 8 ball! Wish I had thought of that! Your fishing card is great too. I like all the elements you put together to create it. Fantastic masculine cards!

Samantha said...

These are both super cute, Karin! Gorgeous coloring, interesting background and really fun layouts. Nice job!

Robin Clendenning said...

So cute with that cool bg net type die cut behind your big catch guy!! I need to remember to use some of my net and nautical dies!!!
Your second card is very cool with the circles to go with the billiard balls and the big 8 ball! Very cool!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are terrific, Karin! The lace looks almost like fishing net & I love the wrapped twine. The billiard card is so fun & colorful. Is that a magic 8 ball? I used to have one of those.

Lisa said...

Love the texture on that first card. it is great for a fishing card. And that second card is great with the new pool balls. Your coloring is perfect too.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP