Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Best Fishes

>> Monday, May 10, 2021

 Have you been enjoying the new fishing and billiard images from DRS Designs? They are awesome images and make the cutest cards - perfect for masculine birthday cards and father's day cards.


My card today features the new Best Fishes greeting.




I paired the new greeting with the Big Mouth Bass image. I don't know why but I always think of Dr Suess when I see this image and colored him the way I thought he might look in a Dr Suess book. I started with some Water color CS, stamped the images with Versafine Black ink and heat embossed with some clear EP. After coloring the images I used some Elmer's Rubber Cement glue as a mask and sponged on the water using a couple of DO blue inks. I used a water brush to remove some of the color from the bubbles instead of coloring them and trying to add the rubber cement as a mask on them. I cut the panel down and added a die cut frame. Inside it says Happy Birthday but it could have said Happy Father's day. I think that would be cute too.

Thanks for stopping by today.

blessings,

shelia


6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Very cute, Sheila. Love the way you colored it up and your grate sponging and framing. Super masculine card! Hugz

Samantha said...

This is such a cute card, Shelia! I LOVE the bright blue background and your Suess inspired fish is fantastic!

Robin Clendenning said...

Very cute Shelia! Your fish is super cute and colorful!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How cute, Shelia! Love your shades of blue eater & your fish is so colorful.

Lisa said...

Oh how I love this big mouth fish and he looks right at home in the water you created with the fishing hook. Nicely done!

Karin said...

I love the bright blue water on your card and your colorful fish too! Darling card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP