Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Let's Play Billiards!

>> Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Were you wondering if I would make a wreath from the new Billiard Balls image?  


Of course!  I put it off because fussy cutting a bunch of balls takes just a bit of time so I had to wait until this past weekend to stamp and cut a bunch of them out.  

I originally stamped only the  Eight ball, but I realized it needed some color so I stamped a few of the other balls focusing on the number 5 to pull out the orange in my crazy watercolor background.  I needed it to be a bit fuller, so I tucked in some leaves from Bountiful Basket. For the sentiment, I split the new Racking Up Another Birthday Greeting.  I drew in the framing with India Ink and a stylus. 

I was happy with the result, but I kept thinking it needed something elso so I added in a Tim Holtz Paper Doll who might be a pool shark or billiards enthusiast - lol.  


Funny how the addition of one thing can totally change a card.  It seems to have more of a story now.  I actually couldn't decide whether to add him or not, but hubby said to add him so I did.  

I made another card with the Billiard Balls and the Racking Up Birthday Greeting.  I cased THIS card by Elizabeth  Hurst who is this week's Featured Stamper at Splitcoaststampers.com.  

Lots of circles underscore the tiny balls, and I focused on just a few colors.  It was very hard for me not to add a bunch of  Vintage Photo Distress Ink on this card!  

I had fun playing with the Billiard Ball image - hope you try it out too.

Hugz,

Nancy



6 comments:

Shelia said...

Oh my goodness! I cannot believe you made a wreath with those tiny pool balls! That was some detailed fussy cutting! The wreath is adorable and well worth the effort! Your second card has a fabulous layout for the pool balls too! Great cards, Nancy!

Samantha said...

You are a patient soul for sure, Nancy! Your wreath came out fantastic and I love the coordinating layout for card no. 2. Nice job!

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow Nancy, I am so impressed with your wreath! I would not have thought of that in a million years!! The bg and everything is so beautiful as well! And your addition of the little man is a very fun idea too!
I love the bg stenciling of you last card and the very cool sketch you used too. Beautiful cards!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are wonderful, Nancy! I can't believe you cut out all those billiard balls. I could barely see them in order to color them. And I love your vintage man. Your other billiard card is so fun w/ the big circles & stenciled bg.

Lisa said...

Nancy you are the queen of the wreaths and how in the world did you fussy cut all those billiard balls...Girl that is talent. And the second card is an amazing set of eye catching colors with the BG and the bold banners and balls. I love all three of your cards.

Karin said...

Nancy, these are amazing! YOU are amazing! That card sketch is just fantastic, love all the colors and circle shapes. The wreath has blown my mind. That fussy cutting of the balls is to die for!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP