Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Extra Tweet!

>> Thursday, April 15, 2021

 Good morning!

Isn't this a cute Nuthatch!  I love this bird feeder, it looks a lot like 1 of my bird feeders.  I do get nuthatches here sometimes as well as Titmouse, chickadee, finch and the good ol' sparrow to name a few.

Today I have a background done in a colorful resist to back up this beautiful image.  

I used DRS: Bird feeder, Feathers 3 in 1 and Extra Tweet Birthday.

the stitched die set I used is from My Favorite Things.
I embossed using VersaMagic on glossy white cardstock and clear embossing
powder.  I then sponged on yellow, pink, green and blue distress (dye) ink.
I wiped off the excess with a soft cloth and then die cut.



This next card uses the new bird image, Flowering Bird Branch as well as Script Font Background

The blue/gray background panel was stamped with Thank you then embossed with an embossing folder from Darice then the edges were roughed up a little 
(I should have done this step fir because it was hard to do after due to tearing).
The image panel was done using a stencil to make the sun.  I then stamped the bird branch and using an aqua color ink, stamped parts of the Script Font on the edges.
I die cut with the stitched die used on the first card, matted with a stitched die from Rubbernecker and added some yellow Liquid Pearls dots.  I finished by adding yellow acrylic dots to the corners.
By the way, since the adhesive under all these enamel or acrylic dots tend to dry up a little, I always add a dot of glue under them to make sure they stay on....learned that the hard way!
Thanks for visiting today!
Robin


6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Wow, wow, wow, Robin, some totally awesome colors, coloring, and details here. I just love the colors on the first one and the second one has fab embossing and sponging. These are wow cards for sure! Hugz

Shelia said...

Robin, these cards are gorgeous! I really like the bright & cheerful background on the first card. Looking at it just makes me smile! Beautiful!

Karin said...

Your backgrounds are simply amazing! The colors are so beautiful on the first and what a clever idea to use the feather stamp! I do love that birdhouse stamp and the way you colored your bird, it looks so life like! Just like a nuthatch! I noticed the your background on the second card right away, it's one of my favorite embossing folders...But roughing it up just really highlights those flowers even more! Love it matched up with those cute little birdies and flowering branch!

Lisa said...

Wowza Robin gorgeous BG on that first card and your sunny sky on the branch is incredible!

Samantha said...

I love your bird cards, Robin! The gorgeous resist background really accentuates your wonderfully colored feeder image and the bird branch card is so elegant!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are so lovely, Robin! The colors are fabulous..I just love the Easter colored rainbows of color. Your nuthatch looks just like the ones outside. And your American goldfinches are lovely. there are a pair of these on the bird feeder right now.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP