Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Bluebird Window

>> Friday, April 16, 2021

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Spring has definitely sprung! And our pollen counts here have been insanely high. So allergies are also in full swing. Yay..(sneeze). 

As a nod to our dogwoods, which are in full bloom right now, I used a dogwood branch on my card, but sort of turned it into a cherry branch. There are pink dogwoods, but I can't remember the last time I saw one. For my card, I stamped the bigger branch a few times off to the side of the top panel, then used a smaller rectangle to cut out the window. I used my "into the window" technique, which is similar to out of the box..just goes a different direction. The smaller branch w/ the birds, was stamped onto a smaller panel & put behind the frame. The frame is popped up a bit & I added the greeting & a little bird to it, along w/ some stickles in the flower centers. 

Here's the inside & below it are the Copics I used.


Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper:  Staples 110# white
ink:  Memento tuxedo black,  (Kaleidacolor Baby Powder also used on inside)
accessories: Rubbernecker  Rectangle Stitch dies, Copic Markers, stickles

6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful combination of images, Julie, and your die cutting technique is just fabulous! The coloring is so lovely too. Amazing card. Hugz

Shelia said...

This is stunning! Wow! So many fabulous details from the framing, die cutting & coloring! All superb!

Karin said...

This is so, so pretty! I love that frame and the way the flowers just flow into the birds and flowering branch...That matching flying blue bird is so sweet and I love the simple sentiment too! Wonderful card!

Robin Clendenning said...

Gorgeous Julie! Love how you blended the flowers and how you added that bird that looks like it is just about to join his buddies on the branch! Gorgeous coloring as always!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous colors and die cuts and layers on this card Julie!

Samantha said...

Outstanding!! This card has it all. You've combined the images just perfectly and the coloring is stunning, as usual :) Thanks for sharing your beautiful card, Julie!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP