Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

St. Patrick's Day Fun

>> Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Lucky me - I get to post on St. Patrick's Day!  I thought it would be fun to celebrate with my daughter Alexandria.  She is 25 now, but here she is a age 5 after returning from a tea party where they made hats out of paper bags.  I am guessing that they were told to dress crazy because she sure is - lol!  

Super easy ink/spray/smash background and then I stamped the Blessings on St. Patrick's Day Greeting in the same ink.  

I did some more ink/spray/smash backgrounds and made this cool Art Journal page using several DRS Designs images:  Script Font Background, Fleur de Lis, and Tree Slice Woodgrain.  This page was inspired by the March Mission Inspiration Facebook Challenge:  Machines, Gears, Metallic, etc. 
I printed out the words and used various inks, stencils and metallic bits.  DRS Designs images are great for using in mixed media pieces.  I especially love the script font background because it is longer, has real words, and works so well on pages and cards.  I used it here in the background with black ink and also embossed with copper embossing powder on several of the red squares. 

May you have much luck today and, if not, craft away and you will feel lucky!

Hugz,

Nancy 

4 comments:

Karin said...

Your daughter is adorable! What a happy memory and very sweet paired up with that greeting. She sure looks like she’s celebrating ;). The mixed media project is so impressive and I love all the embossing! The colors are fantastic too :)

Robin Clendenning said...

What an adorable picture of your daughter when she was little!! Your card is so darling!
Your second card/journal page is all amazing! Love the mixed media and all the various squares! Very cool!

Lisa said...

That picture of your daughter is just too cute Nancy and it makes for a fun St Patrick's day card. I love the journal page too.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

What a super card w/ your lovely daughter, Nancy! How fun is that pic? She looks a little like my DD at that age w/ the long brown hair. Your art journal page is fantastic! Love all the shiny gears & wonderful bg.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP