Blog Widget by LinkWithin

St. Patrick’s Day & A Birthday

>> Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Hi Everyone,

This cute little Peeking Gnome, rife with facial hair, made me remember I have this mustache embossing folder.  I thought it would make a great background for him and this funny Turn Their Ankles Greeting for my St. Patrick's day card share today.

This patterned paper was made using the Small Shamrock Group and the ubiquitous (at least on my projects) Splatter Background stamps in green and orange ink. To turn my gnome into a leprechaun, I replaced his hat with the top hat from the Top Hat St. Patrick's Day Greeting stamp.  And the added shamrocks were stamped, colored and fussy cut from the Tall Shamrocks stamp.



Inside I simply stamped the Top Hat St. Patrick's Day Greeting and the Tall Shamrocks again. 




March is a heavy birthday month, so this is the first of the cards I've made for family and friends.  

I realized I have two different honeycomb backgrounds, so I used both to dry emboss on my card, and I inked up the background embossing folder to add a light yellow hue.

I used the Bee Happy Birthday Greeting, along with the Bitsy Bumble Bee stamp.  I colored them up, punched them out and attached them using some dimensional foam tape. 


To finish it off, I simply added some glitter to the wings!

If you need more inspiration for your card making, be sure to pop on over to DRS Designs!

Thanks for stopping by,
Karin


6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Karin, I didn't even know we had that greeting on the first card and it is soooo funny. Adding the gnome is so perfect too. Fun card!

The bees on your second card are fabulous - it is a very fun and fresh Spring card.

Super cards!

Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

Your St Patrick's is very cute with the peeking Gnome on the sign and your splatters on the shamrock.
I LOVE the bee card with it's happy bees and happy yellow color! The honeycomb embossing is perfect for this! I always love yellow and black together, it has a very striking look to it!

Matilde said...

What a cute card! I like these sweet bees :)

Shelia said...

Karin, these are so cute! I really like the sketch design on both of these! Adding the top hat to the gnome was a brilliant idea! He looks so festive on that card. Your bees look so bright & cheerful. They make a wonderfully fun birthday card!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are wonderful, Karin! Your St. Paddy's day card is super w/ the dots & shamrocks bgs. And the colors are terrific. Love the gnome w/ the top hat. Your bee card is fabulous w/ the 2 sized embossed honeycomb bgs. Love the black trim.

Lisa said...

Super cute St Patrick's Day card. I totally need to get that dot stamp it looks great with the shamrocks. I love that adorable bee card. That bee is one of my favorites in my collection.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP