Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Wild MIxed Media Valentine and Journal Page

>> Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Happy Wednesday!


Today, I have some fun mixed media pieces to share.  They were so fun to do because I made them with tea bags, the leaves out of one of the tea bags and loads of layers.  


I used Glazed Lemon Loaf Dessert  Tea from Tazo (6 cups over the last few days), let the bags dry, then cut them open.  I layered the tea bags on with gesso, sprinkled on the tea leaves, then another layer of gesso before I started my paint layers which are:  brown acrylic (full coverage), aqua acrylic (haphazardly), off white acrylic (haphazardly), and white gesso (haphazardly).  

For the card, I cut a Stamperia Chipboard Bear and glued it on.  

The sentiment is an altered paperclip (HERE IS THE TUTORIAL).  I used the new I'm Wild About You Greeting and cut it in half.  The foliage is a Spellbinders Leaves Die.  After all that, I splattered on some Snowtex and then some brown acrylic paint. I finished it off by sponging Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges. 

On the journal page, I stamped on the Snow Background in Broken China Distress Ink and the Script Font Background in Vintage Photo Distress Ink (my favorite DRS Designs Stamp) before doing a layer of Snowtex, and I skipped the brown splatter. Before I did the Snowtex layer, I added in some Burnt Sienna Texture Paste numbers and letters using an Andy Skinner Stencil.


The leaves and the sentiment were done with older Spellbinders dies (the sentiment is Every Day A Miracle Greeting).  The page still needed something so I added two layers of the Bird on Branch which I painted using an aqua brush and my left over blue and white paint.  I also painted up my Pop's house key and added it in  - makes this page very sentimental.  I finished the whole page with a light sponging of Broken China and Vintage Photo Distress ink.  This page was inspired by several cards and journal pages done by others and my extreme love of tea.  

Hoping for some Miracles surrounding C-19 soon!

Hugz,

Nancy


5 comments:

Shelia said...

Nancy, you are a mixed media queen! Your bear card is fabulous, but your journal page is so special with your pop’s key! Love all the different details, dimension & colors! What a treasure you have created!

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow, so pretty Nancy! Love the chunkiness of the cards and all the fun stuff you've included! Beautiful work!

Karin said...

These projects are amazing! I love the colors and the textures on both. The winter theme on your card with the bear and sentiment are fantastic! The journal page is lovely and I'm crying at the addition of your pops key! Lovely and sentimental :)

Sue said...

Your cards and pages almost always give me so much to look at and I think this weeks offerings have even more to see! The key on the journal page really jumped out at me and after reading your write up I'm even more impressed! What a perfect way to save that special memento!

Lisa said...

Nancy I love, love, love that bear card and your journal page is beautifully layered and designed with some wonderful die cuts. The brown and blue are fantastic together.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP