Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Gold Lantern

>> Friday, October 23, 2020

 by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Is it just me or does it seem like this year is just screaming by? Which is odd since we've been shut down for most of it. But the way this year has gone so far, maybe we should have just put up the Christmas Tree in July & called it a year! I saw a joke the other day that said "I'm not buying a 2021 planner until I see a preview". My thoughts exactly. If you think about it...back in 2015 when asked, where do you see yourself in 5 years..EVERY SINGLE PERSON got it wrong. Just sayin'....

Along w/ my vote to skip right on to Christmas, I have a Christmas card today. I stamped the lovely new Lantern & colored it w/ Copics. Did a little out of the box to keep from cutting off the top of the lantern & the tip of the cardinal's tail (trust me..birds do not like you messing w/ their tails). 
On the Kraft layer, I stamped the new pinecone all over w/ the Distress oxide ink but a left a space for the greeting. The pine green circle was dry embossed & I rubbed some gold rub n buff type paste over the top of it. A white gel pen was used to add some highlights to the greeting.

Here's the inside & below are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs - DRS Designs - Cardinal Holly Lantern  (new!), Sm Pine Cone (new!), Deco Peace & Joy (inside: Beauty of the Season (new!) )
paper: X-Press It white, Staples 110# white, pine green, kraft
ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Distress oxide brushed corduroy
accessories: Copic markers, Rubbernecker stitched rectangles & stitched circle dies, Misti, gold rub n buff, white gel pen

6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Some lovely coloring, stamping, embossing, and highlighting, Julie. This is GORGEOUS!!! I so wish I could color like you. Wow. Hugz

Sue said...

What a beautiful Christmas card Julie! Your coloring, especially the glass, is just amazing. The simple background really makes the lantern pop and the highlights to the greeting finish it off perfectly!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous coloring and great use of that super cute new pine cone Julie.

Shelia said...

Wow Julie, this is one gorgeous card! From your perfect coloring to the highlights added to the greeting
& everything in between really combine to make a beautiful Christmas card! Wow, just wow!

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh man, gorgeous as always!! LOVE the way the holly really pops with the brighter green and the gold lantern, wow, so beautiful!
Gorgeous card Julie!

Karin said...

So, so pretty! I love the deep rich colors and the inside is fab too! Love your awesome coloring job!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP