Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Spiders and Fish - A Lovely Pairing

>> Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Hello crafty friends.  . 


Halloween is one of my favorite parts of Fall, and I am soooo looking forward to Fall.

I am not terribly fond of spiders, but you have to admit they are super scary.  My Grandsons and I were reading a bug fact book the other day and saw where fried spiders are a fun roadside snack in some countries - now that is super interesting!  I don't think these spiders are destined for snacks - they look more like they are looking for a snack!  

First I made my panels with the ink/spray smash technique and then sponged around the edges with orange and expresso distress ink. Then, I stamped the Spooky Tree Limb a few times on the top panel, and added several stamps of the spider from the 4 in 1 Halloween Silhouettes.  

For the second panel, I stamped the Empty Spider Web a few times. The base panel is stamped with Long Tall Wheat.   I added the new Spirit of Halloween greeting over the top..  Spooky.
I have a fun journal page to share as well.  I was throwing away some wine bottles this weekend and noticed that the covering on one could be easily removed and would work great on a journal page.  I pealed it off and glued it down.  A few layers of gesso and a few stamped fish from 3 in 1 Ocean Floor Designs and the base was done.  Then I stamped a tag with Go With the Flow Follow Your Heart Greeting. Topped the tag with some fishing goodies out of hubby's tackle box (shhhhhh...don't tell him).  
Hope your week is going well!  I only work three days this week so I am excited!!!

Hugz,

Nancy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very thankful for the effort put on by you, to help us, Thank you so much for the post it is very helpful, keep posting such type of Article.Advanced SystemCare Pro Full Torrent

Shelia said...

Awesome layers on yourHalloween card! I really like the colors & dimension on this one. Your journaling page looks great too! I like how you used the label on it, very clever!

Robin Clendenning said...

I love the 3 layers on your Halloween card! Beautiful! All three layers have such great individual scenes! The colors are beautiful too!!
Love the journal page as well! I thought that sentiment perfect for following what you know is right not following the "crowds"! it works wonderfully for journaling!

Shoe Girls Cards said...

I love all the layers on the Halloween card! Great use of the fish and sentiment too Nancy.

Karin said...

All the layers on your Halloween card are great and I really like the neutral colors! Awesome card... And the fish themed journal page is amazing!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP