Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Spirit of Halloween ☠️

>> Friday, July 17, 2020

by Julie Warner -The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Are you in the mood for a little Halloween? Hard to say w/ the way things are going, if trick or treating will even happen this year. I saw a meme the other day  that said "with everything cancelled everywhere, I'm ready to put up the Christmas tree & call it a year". Maybe they're on to something. 

For my card, I did a wrinkle free distress background using distress inks. When it dried, I used the splatter bg to stamp over it w/ gold ink & used gold embossing powder. Then I put the panel in my Misti & stamped the graveyard & crow.  Leaving the panel in place, I put the white layer w/ the oval cut out on top & stamped the grim reaper, took the white panel off & stamped him again. The tombstone & ghost were stamped on white & fussy cut.
Here's a look at the inside.
 Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!



Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs: Grim ReaperSilhouette GraveyardRIP TombstoneSplatter Bg  Flying Ghost (new!),  Crow (new!), Spirt of Halloween (new!) (inside: Frightful Delightful (new!)
paper: Staples 110# white
ink: Memento tuxedo black, Distress inks mustard seed, carved pumpkin, ripe persimmon, shaded lilac, wilted violet, Ultimate metallic gold


6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Super cool background and shadowing and stamping, Julie. That moonlight shadow and grim reaper are sooooo cool. Fab Halloween Spirit card. Love it. I am ready for Fall and Halloween especially if Covid is less by then! Many hugz!

Karin said...

What an amazing background in the best Halloween colors! Love the graveyard scene too and the white frame that makes it pop!

Lisa said...

I absolutely love how the background came out on this Julie. Super fun card with these stamps.

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh how cool! I love the in and out of your grim reaper!! Beautiful bg too!

Shelia said...

Your background is fabulous, Julie! It’s perfect for this scene. Great sketch design & colors.

Sue said...

What an attention grabbing background Julie! And you finished it off beautifully with your graveyard scene!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP