Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Checkered Scene - Wheelchair Buddies

>> Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Hello crafty friends,

I love doing interesting backgrounds, and today I have a fun one to share.  I took an old checkered embossing folder and inked it up.  Then I misted it with water (not too much but enough to activate the ink).  I then used it to stamp a background.  I stamped it 4 times to cover an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of white cardstock.  I then cut my base panel and used some of the leftover papers to stamp this great guy from the new Wheelchair Buddies image. I then stamped him again on a plain white paper.  I cut out his shirt and cap from the checkered piece and layered them on the white piece so his shirt and hat would match the background and tie it all in together a bit better. 

It seemed plain so I drew in a living room, colored up the couch and window trim in a light brown water color. Then I colored up the man and dog with colored pencils.  I sponged up the whole card in some Tim Holtz Distress ink in Vintage Photo. 

Sounds like a lot of work, but it really did go quickly and I think it came out very fun.  My Pop got a wheelchair last week to help him with doctor's visits (he gets too tired to stand and do all that walking).  I am going to make him a card about doing wheelies at his his doctor's visits - I think I have figured out how to do this image in wheelie position with a little surgery - LOL!

Hope you are having a great week!

Hugz,

Nancy

4 comments:

Sue said...

What a fun and creative way to use your embossing folder! Great idea using the background to make his shirt and hat. Your "living room" is perfect! I can't wait to see your wheelie card :) I recently purchased a wheelchair for when my mom has trouble and my boys have all become wheelchair wheelie maniacs!

Shelia said...

What a cool background & I like how you used the same design for his shirt! Really cool design, Nancy!

Robin Clendenning said...

This is marvelous Nancy! Love your checkers and on his shirt too! How creative you are!! Fantastic card!

Karin said...

Wow! I can’t believe you made the background scene! You are so creative! Great card :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP