Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

This Nurse Brings Copics!

>> Friday, June 5, 2020

by Julie Warner -The Write Stuff

 Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Is it summer yet where you live? We went from freezing overnight temps in early May to full blown humid heat in the first week of June. Well..I guess it's all relative to your local norm. Here, when I say heat, it got up to almost 80. But then it rained & cooled off & then the sun came out again so it was really steamy! The humidity is so much worse than the heat. But at least it's not anywhere near the summers I spent in Houston. Been there, done that, not going back! 

My card today, was pretty easy. I figured out I could make a scrubs shirt w/ just a few square stitched dies. And I thought that went w/ the greeting & medical bag perfectly. After I stamped the greeting & medical bag, I die cut it doing a little out of the box on the lower section. I used a craft knife to cut around the upper part of the med bag so I could insert the scrubs shirt under it.
On the bg, I took one stripe of the woven plaid & stamped the stripes in lt blue ink. It reminds me of the ticking material you used to see on pillows & linens. So sorry...I thought I took a pic of the inside, but I guess in my hurry to get this in the mail, I didn't. I had stamped a big THANK YOU on the inside.  Anyway, here are the Copics I used. As a funny note..when I name my pics, I always put the title in front so I can find them. So the Copic pic title is "a nurse brings copics". Yeah...I WISH!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!



Supplies:
stamps: DRS Designs: A Nurse Brings (new!), Medical Bag (new!), Woven Plaid
paper: Staples 110# white, lt blue
ink: Memento tuxedo black, summer sky





4 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful card, Julie. The scrub shirt is brilliant as is your coloring of the bag. Your made these stamps sing on this. LOVE it. Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow Julie, I love your nurse uniform top with the medical bag, how creative you are!! Beautiful bag too, love the coloring and colors!

Shelia said...

Love that scrub shirt, Julie. It really makes this card special. Beautiful colors and design too.

Sue said...

What an impressive card Julie! My first thought was "wow, she has a die for everything!" and then I realized that you had actually pieced the scrub shirt together and I was even MORE impressed! Your colors/coloring are perfect and really make the medical bag pop off the card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP