Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Missing My Friends

>> Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Hello crafty friends,

I am missing my work friends and thought I would make some cards to send to them.  Because I plan to send a bunch of them, I did a large number of ink/spray/smash backgrounds.  I ended up with 12 tags like the one below and a few bases.

To make the backgrounds, I swiped some yellow, blue, pink, and brown distress and distress oxide inks on some aluminum foil and spritzed heavily with water.  Then I dipped my paper in the ink.  I did this several times making sure to do the colors in layers so it wouldn't be muddy.  Then I let my sheets dry.

Next, I stamped the Script Font Background stamp around on the sheets in various places using Distress Ink in Vintage Photo (my favorite ink pad).and the Lines O'Plenty Background stamp in Broken China Distress Oxide.  Then I scribbled some random words in various places with a white paint pen.  To cut the tags, I used the Tim Holtz Cabinet Die.  I could not find any of my cool tag hole punches so I used a SU! sentiment punch just wrapping the edge with the ribbon.

Then I stamped the new Peeking Gnome and Mushroom Sign Post, colored them up with water colors, and then fussy cut them (note, the Gnome has a smile, but I painted over it accidentally and then decided he should look a little sad so I left him without his smile line).  I also stamped the Stonewall and Gate image and cut out a section for my gnome to peek over.  The bottom of the Mushroom Sign Post did not blend as well as I wanted, so I added a bit of texture paste and painted it green when it dried.  For more whimsy, I added a few flowers with a paint pen and a little random edge of a square in the top corner (I was inspired by THIS fabric and THESE snippets at the Laundry Basket Website - the inspiration challenge site this week at Splitcoaststampers.com). I finished it up with the new Gnome Smile Greeting (is it great? It is only $3.25 unmounted ) and by writing "Miss You" in the sign post (only $5 unmounted and you can add anything you want to it).
This was a fun tag to make.

Hugz,

Nancy

4 comments:

Shelia said...

What a fun tag card this is!! Your gnome looks adorable peeking over the wall and you were so clever to add the miss you to the sign! These cards will definitely encourage your friends!! Well done!

Sue said...

So cute Nancy! Incredible background and great job adding the gnome behind the stonewall! Great idea adding your own hand written message in the signpost!

Robin Clendenning said...

So cute Nancy! I love this card to send to friends right now! Your tag with the partial wall and peeking Gnome is perfect and adorable, who wouldn't love that! Love your sign too! I like all the stuff you added to the bg, you are so creative!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is wonderful, Nancy! Your bg looks like designer paper I've been hoarding because they don't make it anymore. Maybe you need to make it, lol. Love your little gnome w/ the miss you sign.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP