Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Colorful Easter Peeps

>> Friday, March 13, 2020

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! How's your first week of Daylight Savings Time been going? It hasn't been too bad for me so far, but my parrots are always confused by it. This morning it was gray & rainy & w/ the time change, they weren't really awake yet when we went to get them out. A lot of wing stretching, glazed looks & big yawns. 

My card today is pretty easy. I've had the idea for this card for awhile & I don't have a paintbrush image (what I really wanted), but I do have this pencil image. So let's pretend these are watercolor pencils! For my watercolor bands, I started in the middle & wet the area for the yellow w/ plain water, then floated in the yellow. Then I did the blue & purple on either side to give the yellow a little time to dry before I added the pink & green. I didn't want the areas to run together too much. When it was completely dry, I stamped the yellow peep, masked & stamped the other, masking as I went. the pencils were colored to match, fussy cut & added on top.
I added some tiny sequins in matching colors & stamped the greeting below the peeps. Here's the inside:
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper:  Staples 110# white, watercolor
ink:  Versafine onyx (Kaleidacolor baby powder used on inside)
accessories: Rubbernecker Rectangle Stitch dies,  sequins, watercolors


5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Julie, I can't tell you how much I love this card. BRILLIANT design. You are so creative and talented. I WISH I had made this card. Love it! Hugz

Shelia said...

What a fun card design, Julie! I really like the bright colors & how you used the watercolor pencils, so clever & creative!

Sue said...

What a great card Julie! A brush image might have bit a tiny bit better, but since I've been focusing on watercolor pencils for a while now, I think it's perfect!!

Robin Clendenning said...

Such a beautiful colorful card!! I just love the different colored peeps and the pencils, what a splendid idea!! Brilliant!

Karin said...

This is just the sweetest Easter card! I love the whole card design and those springtime colors just make me so happy!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP