Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Plaid St, Patrick's Day

>> Saturday, February 8, 2020

Welcome!

I'm not sure what gremlins possessed me as I sat down to stamp the other night, but I really need to do a couple of Valentine cards for my boys, but somehow I ended up going with Irish.

Ever since Julie posted her beautiful Cherry Blossom Thank You card a couple of weeks ago I've been dying to do something similar.  Thanks for getting in my head Julie - I can use all the help I can get!!


I started by stamping a diagonal plaid on a scrap of card stock using our Woven Plaid and spring green ink.  I then used just the 1/4" strip of plaid (see our tutorial on our "Cut Apart Plaid") and added some yellow ink between the green stripes.  Wanting to add a bit more I then used the smallest strip to add some more yellow directly on top of the fattest green sections.  I layered it on green card stock and set it aside.

I stamped, colored and fussy cut our Everything Irish image and then used just the center of our St. Patrick's Shamrock Scroll by applying masking tape to the scroll parts, inking it in green, removing the masking tape and stamping on a scrap of white.  Once I had all my pieces I layered it on white and attached everything to a folded green card.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Sue

5 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Love the bg! Beautiful colors and it works perfectly with the image! Super pretty card, Sue. Love how it came out. Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

I love the green plaid bg Sue!! So cute! and that image is so great for St. Patrick's!

Shelia said...

That green & yellow plaid is awesome, great St Patty’s Day card!

Karin said...

Wow! The plaid is amazing! I love the colors and I’m always blown away by how this stamp makes the best background paper!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so fun, Sue! Love how you did the plaid & it's perfect behind your pot of gold. Terrific St. Paddy's Day card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP