Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Coffee, Hearts, and Shamrocks

>> Wednesday, January 29, 2020

I have been early morning crafting again.  Seems I am running two days behind lately!

This morning, I took some paper I made yesterday morning using the ink/spray/smash technique, and whipped up two fun cards (I did the coffee cups and embossing late last night before bed - lol).

My first card is a Valentine's Day card, but it could work for anytime you want to tell someone you love them.  I cased THIS pretty card by my friend Angelia who was the Featured Stamper on Splitcoaststampers.com this weekend.

My ink/spray/smash background was supposed to be more blue like Angela's coffee cup, but my new pink and yellow distress oxides kind of won in the smash battle.  I stayed with her focus on a coffee cup, used black as my panel background and heat embossed it like she did only I blanket embossed instead of her sentiment embossing, and I incorporated hearts.  Angela is one of my favorite card artists, and I was excited to get the chance to case her using the DRS Designs Paper Coffee Cup and Love You More Stamps. 

I had left over paper, so I quickly made a St. Patrick's Day card.  I added green to my ink/spray/smash background and coffee cup, die cut some hearts to make my shamrock and stamped the Better Irish Blessings Greeting. Super easy since I already had the coffee cup made from last night.
Hope your week is going well and your are caught up more than me!

Hugz,

Nancy

5 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

I love your bg's on both cards but the second one is my favorite maybe because of the Irish part! LOL!
Both are really pretty with the pinks and greens!!

Sue said...

You always have such amazing backgrounds Nancy! I love the little shamrock you made with the hearts - such great dimension!

Karin said...

I love the distressed look of your cards today and little hearts flying out of the cup is super cute for a valentine!

Shelia said...

Fantastic cards, Nancy. Those backgrounds... WOW! You are the background queen!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Awesome cards, Nancy! That tile bg looks fabulous on your first...looks just like the old tile ceilings you see in old bldgs. Great colors on both!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP