Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Blue Thoughts

>> Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Hello fellow stamp lovers!

I have been wanting to do some elegant white embossing like Julie sometimes does and then I saw some beautiful blue colors in the Splitcoaststampers.com color challenge this week.  Those two ideas were the perfect inspiration for a thinking of you card that I need to send to a friend.  She loves rustic things but she is also very elegant.  She competes in National Horse Shows and has several World champion horses.  I think she will love this card.

I heat embossed the vine from the Four Flower Background after stamping with versamark. Then added more embossing around the edges. Then I did a water color wash with several blues and let that dry. Next I added some distress ink. Splashed the whole thing with water and then dabbed it with a paper towel. The water took the distress ink off in spots and whitened my embossing back up.  Next I heat embossed the On My Mind greeting on some black cardstock.

Hope your week is going well.

Hugz

5 comments:

Shelia said...

Beautiful card, Nancy! I’m certain your friend will love this. Your background is gorgeous with the white embossed leaves. Very pretty & elegant.

Robin Clendenning said...

Oh it IS beautiful and elegant!! Your friend will love it Nancy!

Sue said...

What a pretty card Nancy! I can't believe how many steps you used, but it was totally worth it!

Karin said...

How beautiful! I love the embossing and the simplicity of the design...Super card idea for one to keep in a card stash for multiple occasions. Lovely!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Nancy! Your white embossing is lovely w/ the soft colors.Such a wonderful, thoughtful card for a friend.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP