Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Purple Christmas Hugs

>> Wednesday, December 4, 2019

I saw THIS great card by Kia Gibson-Clapper and loved it.  Then this weekend she was the featured stamper on Splitcoaststampers.com so I decided to case it using the GIANT Poinsettia image at DRS Designs.  I did do the poinsettias in the corner like she did, but I added an extra one, changed my card to Christmas Encouragement instead of birthday, and made my poinsettias purple.

I colored the petals, leaf, and background using watered down Brushos.  I cut the sentiment out of a scrap, added glue, and sprinkled on some purple glitter.  I shimmers much more in real life.

Hope you are having a wonderful week! 

Hugz

5 comments:

Shelia said...

Oh I really like the purple poinsettias on this encouragement card and the glittered sentiment too. Great design. I’m certain the recipient will love this!

Sue said...

What a stunning card Nancy! Your purple poinsettias are amazing combined with the yellow background! I'm so jealous...I've been trying to pull off a yellow/purple combo since 3rd grade and have never succeeded as well as you have today! Bravo!!!

Robin Clendenning said...

Ooh, those purple poinsettias are so beautiful Nancy!!! I love the deep purple and green together and in your antiqued frame, just beautiful!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How beautiful, Nancy! The purples w/ the yellow is such a wonderful combo. I love the poinsettias in opposing corners w/ the glitter die cut greeting.

Karin said...

Oh, those flowers are gorgeous! I love that deep, rich color! Beautiful card for the season!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP