Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Thanksgiving Pumpkins

>> Saturday, November 23, 2019

Welcome!

It is so good to be back to stamping - especially at my favorite stamping time of year!  One of the things I noticed about my fall stamping is that I tend to be a bit repetitive when it comes to backgrounds.  I either do plaid (my all time favorite :) or leaves.  So I challenged myself to not use either for my card this week.

So I ended up deciding on pumpkins!



I started my card by stamping our Pumpkin Pile in the bottom left corner and then 3 more times on scrap so I could create some masks.  Once the cutting was finished it was pretty easy to create this large pile of pumpkins.  Just stamp and move the masks.  One I finished coloring them with my alcohol markers and watercolor pencil combo I put the masks back on so I could sponge in the blue sky.  The Hayrides Greeting was stamped on white, sponged with yellow and layered on blue and everything was adhered to a folded black card.



I was having so much fun with the Pumpkin Pile I decided to try a "no color" version.  I switched to orange ink and filled the entire card and then sponged the edges with orange ink.  My Thanksgiving Greeting was again stamped on white using brown ink and layered on orange.  For the focal pumpkins I went back to the Pumpkin Pile and stamped it on scrap and fussy cut the 2 smallest pumpkins on it.  After coloring I coated the first one with some glitter glue and when dry I assembled it as shown.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

4 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow, you did a lot of masking!! I love it! Love the blue and orange on the first card, so I catching!

nwilliams6 said...

Sue, your masking is fabulous! Wow. I love how these came out. I have got to try this. Wonderfully done and very inspirational card. Glad to see you back posting! Hugz

Karin said...

Those piles of pumpkins are just fantastic! I love the bright colors on the first, and the pumpkins as background paper are perfect! Love the sponging along the sides to give it color and a finished edge :)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How pretty, Sue! Love the warm colors & pumpkin outline bg on the second. The first is so bright & wonderful. The blue is a perfect combo for the bright orange.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP