Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Christmas Boots

>> Friday, November 22, 2019

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well!We've had a couple of really nice fall days here. High temp almost 60 & sunny. Compared to last week where we had a little snow & a low temp of 16. That's a tad cold for mid Nov. All the pretty leaves just dropped from the trees after that cold snap. 

This will go to one of our relatives still living in Texas. I usually make at least 1 Texas  or western theme Christmas card every year & so far, this is it. 
My card is pretty CAS. I stamped the boot image, masked it, then stamped it again to make a pair. The greeting is actually a combo of two different ones. For the Santa hat, I stamped & colored it on a scrap & fussy cut it.  The red panel was embossed to add a little texture & a piece of holly I had left over was added in the corner.

Here's the inside & also the Copics I used. The greeting here is perfect for a Texan. Anyone who's ever met a Texan knows we're always 'fixin' to do something. 
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend & a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Supplies:
paper: Staples 110# white, kraft, red, X-Press It
ink:  Memento  tuxedo black
accesories: Rubbernecker Rectangle StitchDeckle RectanglesHolly #1  dies Copic Sketch Markers, Sizzix Snowflake & Plaid embossing folder set 657064


5 comments:

Shelia said...

What a great Texan Christmas card, Julie. Those boots look awesome in red & green. I really like the added Santa hat and the ya’ll to your greeting. Super cute card!

nwilliams6 said...

Totally brilliant western Christmas card, Julie. Love the boots and the hat together and your coloring i awesome. Inside is fun too. Love this card. Hugz

Robin Clendenning said...

I love these western boots in Christmas colors!! I have to admit that I do not have a pair of Christmas boots but really wish I did! Wouldn't that be fun during December to wear with all our Christmas outfits??
This is just beautifully done and I LOVE that Santa hat with the boots!

Sue said...

What a fun, fun, fun Christmas card Julie! I've always wanted to be a cowgirl and this is just one more reason, so I can make and send great cards like this one :) Your coloring is amazing (as always) and the Santa hat is the perfect finishing touch!

Karin said...

Gorgeous! Clever! Fun! Festive! I love everything about this, inside and out! GAH....This card has it all :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP