Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Holidays!

>> Monday, November 11, 2019

Happy Monday Everyone. Hope you had a wonderful weekend and were able to get into your craft area and be creative. Nothing relaxes me more (and stresses me more LOL) than creating cards. Today I have two cards to share with you: one for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas.

The Thanksgiving card uses the more recent small die of the month set from Spellbinders. I tried to create the lady to look like me - gray hair, but the rest of her really doesn't look like me. I mean I will be presenting some pies at Thanksgiving to my family, but I won't be dressed like this. I'm pretty sure I'll be in jeans! :-)  Anyway, here's my card.


I began by creating the lady with all the die cut pieces. To create her dress and apron, I stamped some Old Olive ink onto white CS using the Polka Dot background image. Once everything was die cut, I glued her together complete with the pie. While that dried I stamped the floor image with Memento Black ink and colored it with Copic markers. I masked the floor and sponged on some TH Distress Antique Linen ink for the wall. The pumpkins were stamped, colored with Copics and fussy cut. I glued two of them onto the floor and added some foam adhesive to one for dimension. The See You Later was die cut using the same die set from Spellbinders. My kids and their families are all traveling here for Thanksgiving so I created a card like this for each one. I'm so excited to have everyone together here for the holidays!

My second card is a pretty quick and easy card. I've been using the Snowman image quite a lot lately. He's adorable as well as easy to color and fussy cut. I especially like him layered on top of the die cut snowflake from Sizzix.


The snowman was stamped, colored and fussy cut before attaching him to the die cut snowflake. The panel and frame were created using a Fawn Lawn rectangle die set. The Peace and Joy greeting was stamped with black ink and then I added the snowflake and snowman. It looks like his scarf and hat band are orange in the photo, but they are red in real life.

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you have a wonderful week!

blessings,
shelia

5 comments:

Sue said...

What a fun card to send to your family! I just love how this scene all came together and you colored the floor perfectly! I think you should find a vintage polka dot dress for a real old fashioned Thanksgiving :)

تاج للخدمات المنزلية said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Robin Clendenning said...

So cute Shelia! I love your die cuts and the snowman is so adorable. The sentiment is perfect. Your housewife vintage card is amazing!

nwilliams6 said...

I agree with Sue - you should find a dress like this for Thanksgiving!

Two totally fun cards, Sheila. I love the fun old fashioned lady die and the pumpkins and floor are fab. The snowman card is tooooo cute. I love that image too.

Fun stuff! Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both of these are terrific, Shelia! Your retro baker is wonderful. I'm w/ you, though. I don't even own a dress like that & I sure wouldn't be wearing it, lol. Frosty looks great w/ that big snowflake behind him. Love the wide red frame.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP