Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Now See Here

Paint Chip Fall

>> Friday, September 20, 2019

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! Is it looking like fall where you live? Not here, very much. Last week the southeast had record high temps almost every day. Thank goodness we're having a little cool down so I expect some leaves to start turning. I came across a box of paint chips (one of several I kept), and it occurred to me, I don't use them enough. So I picked a rusty color one & stamped the leaves across it w/ Versaclair. I knew from previous tries that most ink just will not dry on this coated surface & I had already planned to heat emboss it. I used a couple of brown inks on the leaves & to have it show, I used a clear embossing powder that has gold flecks in it. You can see it better in the closeup.
I found a piece of c/s that matched & used some double stitched rectangle dies to cut a window & also a white layer behind the paint chip. Then I trimmed the paint chip to fit & stamped the greeting. The little leaves in the corners were also embossed.

Here's the inside:
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
paper:  Staples 110# white, rust, lg paint chip
ink:  Versaclair inks in acorn & pinecone (Kaliedacolor cappuccino used on inside)
accessories: Misti, gilded gold embossing powder, double stitched rectangles dies, Spellbinder A2 matting basics A dies



4 comments:

Sue said...

What a beautiful fall card Julie! The paint chip works wonderfully as your background and I just don't understand why I don't use them more often :) I'm always a big fan of quick and easy and you totally nailed it!

Shelia said...

This is such a pretty card, Julie. I don’t think I’ve ever used paint chips on a card. Now I want to buzz over to Lowe’s & grab some! The colors & design are beautiful!

Robin Clendenning said...

Gorgeous Julie! Is that a paint sample card? Well, what ever, what a beautiful card!

nwilliams6 said...

Some brilliant stamping here, Julie. Love the colors on the paint chip and your embossing is fabulous. Beautifully done. Hugz

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP